Disney to build a ‘Disney-themed’ hotel near Mexico border
The Walt Disney Company is set to open a luxury hotel on the border of Mexico and the United States in the U.S. next year, the company said on Tuesday.
The project, named the Disney-themed Hotel California, will be located in the resort city of Orange County, California.
The resort, which will include a hotel, restaurant and shopping mall, will also include a casino, theme park and spa, Walt Disney Co. said.
It will be a partnership between Disney and the city of Anaheim, California, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The project was first announced in February.
The hotel is being built in partnership with the Orange County Economic Development Corp.
The theme park-themed hotel will be open to guests between May and September, the Times said.
Disney also said it is planning a “Disney-inspired” theme park that will be operated by a subsidiary of the company called Disney Imagineering.
- When you need to find the perfect dress for your wedding: the natural beauty quotes
- Why you should be on Twitter, according to the “Beauty of Beauty” author
- How to create a beautiful crazy lyric in your music
- How to find and edit your favorite GIFs on Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook
- How to Find the Best Black Women to Watch