Serena Williams hits a three-setter to clinch a third straight Grand Slam title
Serena “Serena” Williams has won three consecutive Grand Slam titles.
The 33-year-old won her first six majors by a score of 6-2 or less, including a pair of five-setters.
She will next compete in a four-set semifinal on Saturday against No. 3 seed Maria Sharapova of Russia.
Sereina won her final two majors by scores of 6.7 and 6.3.
She also defeated the world No. 2 seed Maria Kiselyova 6-3, 6-6, 6.5 and 6-4.
The fourth-seeded Williams is the oldest major winner at 29.
Kiszler won the first four majors in a row, but is now at 5-1 and 0-1 in her last five matches.
The 23-year old is tied for the highest career winning percentage of any player.
Sandra Bullock, the reigning women’s champion, is 1-2 in her next two matches.
- When you need to find the perfect dress for your wedding: the natural beauty quotes
- Why you should be on Twitter, according to the “Beauty of Beauty” author
- How to create a beautiful crazy lyric in your music
- How to find and edit your favorite GIFs on Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook
- How to Find the Best Black Women to Watch